In celebration of the life and achievements of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., I would like to share ten of his most famous quotes. As we reflect upon his powerful words, let us be reminded of how far we have come and how far we have yet to go.
1. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
2. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy.
CLICK HERE TO READ BLACK LIVE MATTER WORLDWIDE: SOUTHERN LACED WELCOMES THE SPOKESPERSON OF THE BRIGADE ANTI NEGROPHOBIE (BAN) MOUVEMENT… FRANCO LOLLIA
3. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
4. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
CLICK HERE TO READ SPREADING LOVE AND LIGHT TO THOSE WHO HAVE BRAVELY JOINED THE BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENT
5. The time is always right to do what is right.
6. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
7. There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him it is right…
8. I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream.”
9. If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
10. Those who love peace must learn how to organize as effectively as those who love war.