(JACKSON, Miss.) — Dr. Stanley Sims has been appointed board treasurer for the Jackson State University Development Foundation.
“I am enthusiastic about my new board position,” Sims said.
Prior to this role, Sims served as the bylaws and governance chair. His new appointment began on July 1.
He is the owner of Sims Chiropractic Clinic in Jackson, Mississippi. His clinic provides chiropractic manipulation for patients seeking care.
Throughout his career, Sims has been selected for many notable accolades including:
- In 2008, JSU keynote speaker for the 131st Founder’s Day Convocation
- In 2010, featured in the inaugural edition of Who’s Who in Black Mississippi
- In 2016, selected as one of the best three Chiropractors in Mississippi
- In 2019, voted Best Chiropractor of Jackson, MS
Additionally, Sims serves his community through volunteerism and membership in numerous organizations.
He currently serves in the following capacities:
- JSUDF treasurer
- American Chiropractic Association, member
- MS Chiropractic Association, member
- American Black Chiropractic Association, member
- Diamond Level President Club of Palmer College of Chiropractic, member
- Canton-Madison Alumni Chapter, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., polemarch
- North Mississippi/Southwestern Province, administrative assistant
- State of MS Southwestern Alumni Board Member, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- C. Rodgers Leadership Conference for the Southwestern Province of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., former chairman
- Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity, Beta Gamma Boule, member
In 1993, he earned his bachelor’s degree from Jackson State University. In 1999, Sims earned his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa.
The Vicksburg, Mississippi, native is a proud member of Morrison Heights Baptist Church in Clinton, Mississippi.
When asked, Sims said, “I am anticipating making JSUDF stronger and increasing our fundraising efforts for the university.”