Most people who love watching football games at any stadium also love tailgating parties before heading to games and what makes this experience more exciting is when they are preparing for an appetizer to take on their tailgating. Have you got new appetizer recipes for your tailgating party? If not, the appetizer recipes for tailgating parties given below might be a good start for more tailgating parties to come.
Appetizer Recipe for Tailgating Party 1: Taco Salad
Taco Salad has been proven to be a great appetizer for all types of events and parties especially for tailgating and ever since, its ability to get the raves has never failed. Is it because of the zesty and sweet dressing? What’s the secret behind it? Whether it is for supper, potlucks or tailgates, this appetizer would prove to be perfect.
Preparation Time: 1 hour or less Cooking
Time: 15 minutes
Bite sized sliced lettuce (use 1 head)
1 lb. ground beef 1 packet of taco seasoning
Diced tomatoes (use 2 medium sized)
Diced Sweet Onions (use 2 medium sized)
8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag of nachos or cheese-flavored chips
1. Mix vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, diced onion, salt and pepper.
2. Mix until smooth and transfer to a sealable container and cool for one hour.
3. Drain the ground beef and following the direction in the packet of taco, season the meat with it.
4. Cool for at least 20 minutes.
5. Layer the lettuce, the ground beef, diced onion, tomatoes and cheddar cheese in a bowl.
6. Before serving it, crush the nacho or chips.
7. Layer the chips on top of your chilled salad. Serve it with dressing.
Appetizer Recipe for Tailgating Party 2: Cheese Spread Recipe
Also great for picnics, football parties, entertainment parties especially for tailgating parties, the cheese spread recipe is great with beer.
Tools you need: Electric Mixer or Food Processor Measuring Spoons and Cups Bottle Opener
½ lb. finely shredded white cheddar cheese
½ lb. finely shredded Swiss cheese 2 cloves of garlic — minced
½ tsp. of dry mustard
1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
Half cup of beer
Preparation: Use electric mixer or better, a food processor in combining all the ingredients except for the beer. Mix the ingredients thoroughly until the cheese is smooth and gradually add the beer until it is blended. Chill for one or two hours prior to serving.
Taco Salad or Cheese Spread Recipe, whichever you choose will perfectly start your craving for a wonderful tailgating party!
- Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR