“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
I’ve always admired the underdog. It’s the fact that no one notices the underdog except a select few placed in their lives to inspire them and push them into greatness. When the underdog rises to his or her proper and rightful place, it’s not because it was easy. It’s because they put in the work to receive his or her just reward.
What would I say to the underdog? Today, I would encourage him or her to:
- Keep going. Never give up on your dream.
- Hold on. Tough times make you stronger.
- Be patient. Sometimes victory is just around the bend.
- Study. Never stop learning.
- Be grateful. Always remember where you come from.
- Be humble. Favor will surely follow you.
- Spread love. No matter how bad people treat you, always treat them with love and kindness.
- Choose to be a survivor. By doing so, you will surely win.