“So many of us invest a fortune making ourselves look good to the world, yet inside we are falling apart. It’s time to invest on the inside.”
― Iyanla Vanzant
Have you ever found yourself feeling empty? Do you find yourself engaging in negative conversations? Are you guilty of negative self-talk?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your spirit just might be bankrupt. Here a few reasons why:
- Toxic Work Environment: Working in a toxic work environment can cause stress, depression, anxiety, heart problems, insomnia along with a number of other physical illnesses. If your job is making you sick, don’t waste time. Find another job!
- Toxic Home Environment: A home should be a place where you can relax and revive yourself. Get rid of clutter and fill your home with positive vibes by using Zen inspired techniques.
- Toxic Friendship: If you find your energy being drained and never replenished by your friends, it’s important that you reevaluate your relationship. A friendship should be loving and supportive. There should be a balance!
- Toxic Thoughts: Have you ever heard of the law of attraction? For every negative thought, replace it with a positive thought. If you think on bad things, you will attract bad things into your life. If you think on good things, you will attract good things into your life.
- Absence of a Spiritual Life: It is so important to have a relationship with God. If you aren’t praying, you can’t expect to have a relationship with Him. Study to show yourself approved, repent throughout the day, pray without ceasing, believe in Him, listen to Him, trust in Him and exercise your faith in Him.
By all means, I know I didn’t cover everything. But, I want to encourage you to do whatever YOU need to do to refuel and restore yourself.
Life is too short to live it on empty.