This Friday will be a very special day for my family. We are so blessed to be able to share in the celebration of my sister, Tangelia T. Kelly , becoming a doctor.
There are so many things I can tell you about her. It was just a few years ago that I wrote an article about her in the Jackson Expose’, which detailed her background and accomplishments.
Instead of rewriting her accomplishments, I would like to share a few things that I’ve learned from Tangelia over the years.
- Never give up. I have watched Tangelia work under conditions that were not always so pleasant. I’ve observed her dedication throughout the years as she worked tirelessly to achieve her dreams. There were absolutely no shortcuts. She would work from early in the morning until the wee hours of the morning just to get things done. Now that’s dedication!
- Always put God first. I can’t remember the last time Tangelia missed church unless she was out-of-town. By putting God first, I’ve watched God grant her the desires of her heart. She is just as dedicated to God as she is her work and education.
- Be an example. Proverbs 22: 1 (NIV) says, “A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.” There has never been a time that I’ve watched Tangelia conduct herself in a manner that would bring shame to her name. Because of that, she is an inspiration and example to people everywhere.
- Plan things in advance. I don’t always plan things in advance, but when I do… it’s most likely something of importance to me. And, more likely than not, I would consider “WWTD”….What Would Tangelia Do? Lol!
- Give back. Whether through mentoring, vision boards, community events, one-on-one talks, etc…. Tangelia knows that God blessed her with knowledge to be able to bless others. In return, she’s able teach people how to be a blessing to others as well.
So as we approach Friday, I pray that God continues to open more doors for her. I can’t wait to see her Next.
Laced with Love,