The recent events of Kehlani’s suicidal attempt has plagued the music industry and its fans. Many are questioning why someone at the pinnacle of their career would want to end it all. Fame and fortune has masked the underbelly of depression and suicide. Recognizing the signs of suicide can lead to countering this vicious cycle and saving our loved ones.
- Threatening to hurt or kill oneself or talking about wanting to hurt or kill oneself
- Looking for ways to kill oneself by seeking access to firearms, available pills, or other means
- Talking or writing about death, dying, or suicide when these actions are out of the ordinary for the person
- Feeling hopeless
- Feeling rage or uncontrolled anger or seeking revenge
- Acting reckless or engaging in risky activities – seemingly without thinking
- Feeling trapped – like there’s no way out
- Increasing alcohol or drug use
- Withdrawing from friends, family, and society
- Feeling anxious, agitated, or unable to sleep or sleeping all the time
- Experiencing dramatic mood changes
- Seeing no reason for living or having no sense of purpose in life
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Visit Kendra Bell’s website HERE to keep up with her upcoming book release dealing with anxiety and depression.
Kendra Bell is a true Southern Belle. Through her inspiring journey with anxiety, she motivates others to cherish their God-given talents and to live out their callings despite facing life’s challenges.
One of her many passions involves the eradication of human trafficking. She has volunteered with several organizations to raise awareness in the community.
Her other passions involve spending quality time with her nieces, traveling, and, of course, shopping.
No copyright intended.