To help you get started , Sellena Roberson Hunter, owner of S & E Tax Services, has provided the following five major tips:
- You and your spouse may save money by itemizing rather than taking the standard deduction on your tax.
- Make sure you change your last name with Social Security before you file.
- If you work, report your name or address change to your employer. This will help to ensure that you receive your Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement.
- For IRS purposes every state now recognize same-sex marriage, they can file Married Filing Jointly.
- If you purchased a new home, report the address change to IRS on Form 8822. The points paid are also deductible that year.
S & E TAX Services
2403 Hwy 80 East Pearl, MS 39208
Monday – Friday (9-7) Saturday (10-4)
601-397-6372 office 601-398-0606 fax