What To Do When Your Edges Refuse to Lay Down

Over the weekend, I ran across the following tweets on my timeline:

The tweets immediately caught my attention because it’s a question that I’ve often wondered about myself. How in the world do people get their hair to lay flat like that?

No matter how much money I spend on edge control pomades, I never achieve the result I’m looking for. Within minutes of stepping outside into the humid weather of Mississippi, I often find that my stubborn edges have reverted back to their original state. (An unfortunate heap of greasy curls…)

giphy1

Are you having the same dilemma? If so, Tiffany ‘Ms. Tipp‘ Turner aka T Stylez stopped by Southern Laced to help us out.

img_1895

In order to achieve the best results from your edge control pomade, T Stylez suggested that you use the following tips:

1. Apply a small amount of the edge control pomade to your hairline edges and smooth it in with a damp towel, styling brush or toothbrush.
  2. Use a damp, warm towel or brush to smooth over edges for added shine and long lasting use.
  3. To protect edges at night, wear a silk scarf while laying down for secure sleek results.
  4. To avoid buildup on hairline, use of edge control pomade should be limited to no more than three (3) times a week.
A Note From the Stylist:
T Stylez

I am Tiffany Ms.Tipp Turner / T Stylez. I’m a salon owner stylist of T Stylez Hair Studio  in Ridgeland, Mississippi. Our motto is “Where inner beauty counts and healthy hair begins.”

We strive for customer service and healthy hair care specializing in natural hair, custom color, cuts, locs, braiding, sew-ins , silk out press and makeup. We retail T Stylez Virgin Hair bundles , closures, frontals as well as full lace units.

I have my own hair care line T Stylerz Collection. I am also an educator, motivational speaker and celebrity stylist. My work can be seen on tv, magazines and the Stellar Awards.

Visit us online at http://www.tstylezhairstudio.com and INSTAGRAM . Contact us at 601-868-2040 and/or visit our location at 6969 Old Canton Rd Suite D. Ridgeland, MS 39157.

img_1896-1
Looking for the perfect long lasting edge pomade? Get U Some! T Stylerz Collection Snatched Edge Pomade is sold online at www.tstylezhairstudio.com. It’s also available at 4 Beauty Star and more locations in Jackson, Mississippi.

img_1897-1

Advertisements

8 Comments Add yours

1. Betty says:

Personally I have seen people relax there edges to get them to lay down.So folkas are just lucky that there edges lay down.I aint one of them ha hah.

Liked by 1 person

1. Kelly Stone says:

Lol! Well, I’ve been transitioning since August of last year. I wanna stay away from chemicals. So I’ll definitely be trying this method.

Liked by 1 person

1. Betty says:

good lucky with transitioning

Liked by 1 person

2. Kelly Stone says:

Thanks so much!

3. Betty says:

i did it six years ago .it was hard but you will get there

Liked by 1 person

4. Kelly Stone says:

Very hard! I’ve been keeping it in crochet braids or braided under a wig. When I’m home, I let it breathe and rest. Especially when I was it. But I’m starting to get a wash day routine that keeps tangles to a minimum. My goal is to have all the relaxed ends off no later than August of next year. That’ll be my 2 year mark. I’m sure they will be gone by then because I’m getting a lot of growth.

5. Betty says:

Crochet braids are great there my go too style too.I have been doing them for the last 5 years. I wore a curly afro ponytail for the first year then crochet braids.Its really helps manage the two textures.But before you know it you will be fully natural hun.Its feels great when you can get rid of the two textures .Dont forget to blog about it hun.Welcome too the natural world

Liked by 1 person

6. Kelly Stone says:

I haven’t even thought about blogging about it. Lol! I will definitely work on that!! And I need to add the curly Afro puff to my shopping list. Thanks!!